About Calypso Charters & Tours
Our customer service hours are Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 to 17:30 , and Monday from 10:00 to 14:00 from March 16 to December 15 , and daily from 9:30 to 14 : 00 and 18:00 to 21:00 from December 16 to March 15.
Due to holidays and weather conditions, variations may occur occasionally in our days and hours to the Public.
The cell 094 44 3600 is available to provide information about our schedules and services.
Since 1993, Calypso Charters & Tours operates in the Punta Del Este harbour, providing a wide range of services to the best destinations in the area.
Our services includes trips to Isla de Lobos, family charters, corporate charters, tender service to cruise passengers and assistance to fishing vessels at sea.dOur programs
Our company counts with a PBIP certification (Protection of Ships and Port Facilities code), according to OMI international standards (International Maritime Organization), required to provide services and operate as Tender for Cruise Passengers.
- Calypso Catamaran Ship
- National Flag, Cabotaje Registration – Passenger traffic 8044
- Built in Florida, USA, by "South Sea Catamarans"
- Fiberglass Hull with reinforced polyester and epoxy resin.
Capacity and technical specifications
- Maximum Capacity in Bay navigation as Tender: 90 passengers + crew
- 16 meters in length, 4.90 meters wide, 1.20 meters of draught
- Main floor: 2 GM turbo diesel engines 435H / P each
- Auxiliary Plant: Kohler 8 kw
- Cruise speed 14 knodes
- 1 meter freeboard
- Defence System: Structural and inflatable gunwale Polyform heavy duty
- Approved P.B.I.P code
- Approved IGS code
- Closed main room
- Handicap access
- 2 Full Toilettes, Full Bar
- Entertaiment center with TV, Music, Video and DVD
- Noise isolated machine room with firesuit membrane
For maintenance Calypso has two drivers of land. We have a large stock of spare parts to ensure continuity of operations in case of unexpected breakage.
One month a year (May) goes to general maintenance of the boat.
One month per year (September) is intended to paint and cosmetics.
Once per year inspections are performed: Hull, machinery, security, radio, garbage management and management of hydrocarbons, by the Technical Committee of the PNN.
Every two years the ship is taken to the dam for major maintenance, bottom paint and dry inspection by the Panel on PNN.
Safety conditions and navigation equipment
- Class AIS System
- 16 miles Furuno Radar
- Furuno Gps
- Garmin Gps backup
- PC with navigation Zone software
- Epirb 406 hz
- Ecosonda Furuno
- 2 VHF
- Helm angle meter
- Deck lights for night operations
- Five estancos compartments per hull
- 12 bilge pumps(10 + 2 for emergencies)
- Water alarms in all bilges
- Smoke alarm in engine room
- Automatic fire extinguishing system in engine room
- 12 ABC type extinguishers
- Emergency Stop key and fuel cuts .
- 95 adult lifejackets with strobe light and whistle
- 15 life jackets for children with strobe light and whistle
- Two lifebuoys , 2 boatswains with strobe light and whistle
- P.A System (communication speakers)
- 360 Bridge visibility
- Emergency exit sign in two languages
360 Virtual Tour
Get to know our boat interactively. Click and drag on the image to navigate in all directions.
We have an excellent and professional crew aboard the Calypso, committed to provide security and service to all its passengers.
Annually conducted training courses and training exercises, in order to achieve the highest standards in our training.
The minimum navigation crew in the Calypso consists of a captain, a boatswain and a sailor. In cases where conditions requires it, the crew is increased by one or two additional sailors.
All sailors on our crew are merchant sailors certified by the Uruguayan National Naval Prefecture, and they all have the O.M.I courses required to date (fire fight, social responsibilities, crowd control, damage control, sea survival, first aid, protection of ships Code and port facilities and Safety Management Code).
Two of our captains have 20 years of experience in the region, and the third one 10 years.
Our crew speaks Spanish, English and Portuguese.